Smart Home Security Products
WD500Z5-1: Z-Wave Wall Dimmer Switch
The WD500Z5-1 Wall Mounted Dimmer allows remote ON/OFF control and dimming of connected lights. The Z-Wave Wall Mount Dimmer is easily wired in place of a standard wall dimmer. This device requires a Neutral connection.
The Wall Mounted Dimmer integrates with other Nortek Security & Control Z-Wave enabled products, and can also act as a wireless repeater to ensure that commands intended for another device in the network are received (useful when a device would otherwise be out of radio range).
Replaceable Trim Ring
The WD500Z5-1 Wall Mount Switch has a field replaceable trim ring - the color of the device can be altered with the Trim Ring Kit model in black, brown, almond and ivory.
Unique to Nortek Security & Control, the Auto-Sense feature allows for local lamp activation independent of the Z-Wave controller status.
- • Maximum Load: 500 Watts for control of permanently installed lighting fixtures only (Not for control of receptacles)
- • Signal (Frequency): 908.42 MHz
- • Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight between the wireless controller and/or the closest Z-Wave device
- • Input: 120v 15A 60Hz
- • Network wide inclusion
- • Scene: Command class
- • Security beaming
- • Requires a Neutral
- • Auto-Sense feature built-in
- • Replaceable trim ring design
- • Also available in 1000W (Part #WD1000Z-1)
Note to Installers: When installing a Z-Wave 3-Way Light setup utilizing Nortek Security & Control products, you will need a Load Bearing switch (WS15Z-1, WD500Z-1 or WD1000Z-1) and a non-load bearing WT00Z-1. Multiple WT00Z-1 switches can be utilized to control multiple Load Bearing devices. Please refer to the linked Technical Bulletin on Z-Wave 3-Way Light Switch Setup for more information.
Order number: WD500Z5-1